Friday, November 13, 2009

There was a time I was ALWAYS early

Before kids, I was always the person that was early. I HATE to be late. It makes me really upset to be late, or to keep people waiting. I would rather wait, than to make others wait. Granted, things change, and now it seems I'm ALWAYS running late, or just late for me.

There ARE days that we just have to get out of the house. For everyone's best interest. So if we have to be somewhere at 10 or 11, I may run by a park at 8:30 just so they stop killing each other can get out and get some fresh air.

Today was one of those days, we HAD to get out of the house earlier than planned.

One of our play groups had Steve from Hullabaloo come and play for us today at Lake Poway. I had already planned to arrive early so we could feed the ducks the two months worth of stale bread ends from my freezer. Nine AM for a 10:30 concert was a bit excessive. Lucky for me
A few of the firefighters from the fire station up the block were doing a workout at the lake and the driver was kind enough to show a few kids all the cool stuff on the firetruck!



This guy was really great. He showed them the hoses, the giant axe, the huge hammer, and especially for Evan, the valves.




Sometimes it pays that Mommy likes to be early.

No comments: