Sunday, November 15, 2009

Castle on a Cloud

Ryan has been very aware of the clouds in the sky lately. One day he shouted. "Mommy it looks like a rainbow." I never doubt him but sometimes I have to search pretty hard to find what it is that he "sees".

The first time I realized he was observing and creating shapes in the clouds, he screamed "MOMMY, it's a SHARK." "It's a shark eating a fish" I started searching the billboards and the road signs, I took a glance in the backseat to see if he was reading something. Nope. "Where?" I queried. "IN THE SKY MOMMY, LOOK RIGHT THERE!!!!" Yep sure enough right in front of me was a shark shaped cloud, with a smaller fish shaped cloud swimming precariously close to the shark's open mouth.

It's not just the clouds that have him spellbound.
" The sky is BE-UUUU-TI-FULLLL. Just like the last time when we finished our cheeseburgers."

One person's cloud, is Ryan's cheeseburger.

No comments: