Friday, November 20, 2009

Stories

Being that the boys have been awake horrifically early of late, we've been cuddling in Mommy and Daddy's bed until the sun rises. The boys are raring to go. I am not. To keep them quiet and cuddling I've begun early morning story hour. Being that the last thing I want to do is turn on a light, we've begun making up stories. Ala Mad Libs.

The boys LOVE this.

Here's an example from this morning (their words are in Italics):

Once upon a time there were two little dinosaurs. One was a giant, huge tyrannosaurus , the other was a big, red dilophosaurus. Their names were Jessica and McQueen. The two dinosaurs liked to play football, soccer, hockey and golf. Sometimes when they play games they like to share, but sometimes they don't share. When they share they have fun. When they don't share they go to timeout. One day McQueen decided to I don't know. So Jessica decided to tickle him.

This is so much fun to do with them. They love it, they stretch their creativity, and well, they are calm for a few minutes.

This week we've had stories about dinosaurs, trucks, boys, and puppies, and I've been able to stay in my warm bed until 6.

No comments: