Monday, November 16, 2009

OCD Much?

I'm sure I've mentioned before that Ryan is a bit particular. A bit Obsessive Compulsive if you will. For the most part he is pretty easy going, and the OCD only rears its ugly head when it comes to having all of his cars lined up a certain way, or only wanting a certain color car or block. EXCEPT, when it comes to his room.

Don't mess with this kids room.

We've had serious meltdowns when it comes to changes in his room.

Scott tried to hang new pictures...meltdown.

We took out his brothers crib...meltdown.

We put in his big boy bed...meltdown.

We removed his crib...meltdown.

A box on the closet shelf is slightly out of place...meltdown.

On top of the Obsessive Compulsive Disorder he is my highly observant child. He is the kid that sees the tiniest detail in the tiniest spot. He's the kid that sees something in the distance that no one else sees.

Here's an example. There is a certain red car from a certain CARS movie. We love him. There is a certain box in the rafters of the garage that got placed there late last night, for a certain holiday coming up soon, with a tiny, maybe one inch picture of that certain car showing, and Ryan, within seconds of being in the garage, pointed it out to me. "Look Mama, it's Lightning McQueen...WHAT is THAT up there????" (my response was something totally unbelievable as "it's just a box honey.") Seriously. This kid notices EVERYTHING.

Today, I finally reached my limit. I cannot take one more morning of Ryan waking up as soon as the morning sky turns from the dark of night to just the hint of morning light. (That's about 5 AM in case any of you were wondering) I nailed his black out blanket across the window more securely so NO light will get through. The difference is negligible. To the naked eye you cannot really tell there are 6 more nails in the curtain.

Ryan is currently crying in his room because he will not be able to see the light anymore.

Only MY child would have noticed that difference. I'm sorry kid, I'm sorry you got your hyper observant, OCD tendencies from me.

No comments: