Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Battle-bots

I think we are going through a phase...

at least I hope it is a phase.

Being siblings, and especially twins, we want what the other has. Even if it is the EXACT. SAME. THING. the other has. It's the possession that makes it desirable.

It seems that everything is a battle, or a war. Every little thing is a gigantic tragedy.

I'm trying to step back and make them work it out between themselves. When someone comes running over to me in hysterics, because the other one has done something, or taken something, or looked at them wrong, I try to make them talk it out with each other, and NOT ME! I'm there to try and facilitate, but for the love of all that is good, how can *I* help if your brother stole your car? I don't have it. I didn't steal it.

I don't want them to be those whiny, tattle tale kids. I want them to be able to try and work out their difficulties BEFORE they involve an adult. Yes, I know they are only three, but...it is all about laying the foundation for later in life. Right?

Honestly, some days, it is torture.

Some days I want to lock put them in their rooms by themselves until they are four.

Only 134 days to go.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I was afraid it was only me - and here I was contemplating changing my wardrobe to include vertically striped back and white polos! Good to know it's happening everywhere... but for the love of god, let it stop soon!