Monday, May 5, 2008

What do you get when you combine two toddlers and fire trucks?

Mayhem. Chaos. One tired Mommy.

So my intention for today was to work out after the boys went down for their naps. But first we had a wonderful outing planned at the Fire Station.

It's like baby crack, or like I shot a bolus of pure sugar into their little veins. We walked in and they took one look at the giant RED FIRE ENGINES and my normally very well behaved children, who listen, hold my hands and act like civilized toddlers (oxymoron I know) turned into CRAZED MONSTERS! I could. not. control. them.

I should have made them obey, calm down, and listen. I should have left when they didn't. But I'm a bad mommy. I could not end their pure unabashed joy. I could not ask them to calm down when they were so clearly overwhelmed with excitement of the purest of pure. The were grinning ear to ear. Running around the fire trucks and ambulances (am-bans) arms flailing, I have NEVER seen Evan run that fast. I'm a bad Mommy.

Ultimately, they were in a relatively safe environment, just being kids. Wild kids. But they weren't doing any harm. Okay, that's just me justifying my lack of discipline. Now every time we go to a fire station they are going to think they can run around like crazy animals.


We got to "drive" the Fire Truck! So much fun we didn't want to give anyone else a turn. Had to be PULLED out of the truck, lucky us the steering wheel is still intact.

This shot is a little blurry, because Ryan is RUNNING as fast as he can from the fire truck to the Ambulance, for the thousandth time.


Evan running around the Federal Fire Truck, it's "gree". (green)


Needless to say, I'm sitting writing blogs instead of working out, because chasing two toddlers around a fire station is workout enough.

No comments: