Sunday, May 18, 2008

Maybe we should have left it to the professionals.

The last time the boys got their hair cut, my mom was here, and being a former beautician, she knew what she was doing. Executing it was not your average day in the chair, but, both boys came out looking okay.

Hair hanging in their eyes again, it was time to once again, get our hair cut. In an effort to save around $40 and a lot of stress, we thought, "Hey, let's just do it ourselves!" (and then we can build a stage, make some costumes and put on a show in the barn)



Before: Evan's hair is pushed back out of his face, and I forgot to get a picture before I started to cut, but trust me it was long. Notice Ryan's shaggy look?

I started with Evan, he really didn't want to sit in the chair, so he sat on Daddy's lap. I cut and trimmed and combed, at my pace. Not, overly quick, I KNOW what happens if you cut off TOO MUCH! He squirmed, and wormed, and didn't cooperate. All the while I had Scott, giving suggestions, and trying to help. (Help would have been holding SOMEONE STILL and keeping SOME ONE'S mouth shut so I could concentrate)

I think Evan's hair cut came out nice. It looks even better today.

Yes, I could have gone shorter, but it looks good now, and yeah, I may have to do it again in 6 weeks or so, instead of 6 months, but, at least it looks good NOW.

After all of Scott's "helpful" advice, I decided that he should take a shot at Ryan's hair. I think it was 2 maybe 3 cuts in, and he said..."This isn't as easy as it looks!" Yep. It's not the best cut in the world, and yes, I would say it is VERY uneven. Look closely. UN-E-VEN. and you can't see the back. Take a good look at Ryan's expression, I don't think he likes the cut either.

Granted, Ryan was possibly even more squirmy and wiggly than Evan, but...as Scott keeps saying, "Oh, Ryan, that hair!" (I've had to ask him to stop saying that because I don't want Ryan to become self conscious, since he really understands everything we say, I worry that he'll start to feel badly.)

I've had to hide all of the scissors in the house, because Scott keeps begging for me to let him "just even it out a little" We all KNOW how that would end! Can anyone say buzz cut?



1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are brave to cut their hair on your own and I think it looks pretty darn good!