Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

We've had a tough week. Evan isn't eating, in fact he is fighting harder than ever before. I had to go out to dinner, by myself on Thursday, because I just needed some quiet time. I needed to get some perspective and I couldn't do it with Evan screaming and crying about not wanting to eat. I wish we could find a magical cure to make him better, his issues are really the one lingering thing that reminds me daily that my boys did not have a normal start. In every other way they behave just like two year old boys. In every other way, I don't think, ex-26 weekers. In many ways I believe that if we can resolve Evan's eating issue, the whole NICU experience will fade faster, and I'll find closure. (Maybe I'm fooling myself, but a girl can dream can't she)

As I struggled through my tough week, I had moments where these boys, these irrepressible boys, made all the tough times, worth every second. Their cuteness, it just kills me.
The boys have found a new love of "stih, stehs" (stickers) We like to put them everywhere, especially on our "Beh-beh" (belly), and our "nohs" (nose). We left Trader Joe's and I had to stop and get a "cah-cah" (coffee). I ordered, and turned around to find that face. OH, that face!

Today we went to a craft fair at the winery up the street. Scott and I were each holding a boy's hand while we strolled amongst the booths. At one point Ryan shouted "Eh-Ban" (Evan) "Han" (hand). And there we were walking four across, holding hands. I snapped this as we were walking, just to try and document this wonderful Mother's Day Moment. Can they be any sweeter?


I swear I'm going to have to wear my camera around my neck, because I missed an equally adorable moment this afternoon. The boys were playing in their playhouse, leaning out of the door, saying "hi" to me. Ryan threw his arm around Evan's neck, and the two of them grinned ear to ear at me, the ultimate in BFF's.

I feel lucky that today, instead of doing the dishes and the cooking, and the cleaning, I spent quality time with my boys. I left all the stuff that just has to get done to Scott, and the boys and I cuddled on the couch reading, we wrestled, we played peek-a-boo, and we just spent time loving each other, Just the way Mother's Day should be.

No comments: