Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Ce-le-brate good times, whoo hoo.

It's a big day around here. Three years ago today Ryan and Evan made their grand appearance into this world. At a whopping 955 grams a piece these two little fighters defied all of the odds to just survive their first week let alone make home.

Today we celebrate their third birthday. The third year of life. Three years of laughter, love, tears, tantrums, hugs and kisses. Today we celebrate life.



And tell me aren't those the faces of boys that know how to celebrate life?

Saturday is the big party, but there was cause for celebration today, not just the whole birthday thing...

See this plate with a piece of pizza? The child's spoon is in there for size comparison.

It's small yes, BUT........



This is what the plate looked like after Evan worked on it for 45 minutes. That was THE MOST he has ever eaten...EVER. (I'm tearing up just writing about this) He did not want to stop eating his pizza. Every time I suggested we move on he covered his plate with his hands and said no. He just kept putting bite after tiny bite into his mouth and swallowing and swallowing. I don't know what, or why, or how. I'm knocking on wood, holding my breath, crossing my fingers. And baby, I'M CELEBRATING!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I'm tearing up just reading it :D I'm so happy for Evan! Way to go!