Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Love Letters, (Baby B)

Dear Evan:

My sweet Evan.
Born second, but never second fiddle.
So full of energy.
So spirited.

You love things that spin. Fans, tops, windmills, Ferris wheels, carousels. If it goes around and around, you will find it. I love that when we drive around you spend your time in the car looking for windmills.

You love balls. Soccer, foot, basket, base, fuzzy, large, small, all of them. You sleep with a basketball, football, soccer ball and a lady bug ball in bed. I love/hate that if one of them is missing you are inconsolable.

You love Ringo Ringo, Other Ringo, and Soft Ringo above all. I love that they are all named Ringo, but there are differences and you know them. I love that Ringo-Ringo has been with you since the NICU. I love how much comfort you get from your Ringos.

You love music. You have a passion for it. You sing with your daddy at bed time, and you have quite a repertoire including Hallelujah, Fire and Rain, Superman, plus a bunch of kids songs. I love that you sing at the top of your lungs, I love your passion for song, that you ask for music at mealtimes, in the car, almost anywhere.

You are so sweet and loving, but you are a little manipulator. You can ask your brother to do anything for you, and he will. I listen to your conversations and laugh. "Ryan, will you get me my Ringos? Thank You." "Ryan, will you get me a blanket? Thank you." "Ryan, will you get me some water? Thank you." Ryan always replies, "here you go Evan." I love that you can get Ryan to do these things, yet you don't do it all the time.

You are so quick to giggle and belly laugh. You have an amazing sense of humor and timing. Really well developed for a three year old. You think rhyming is hysterical and love it when we play the name game. You tell me "Don't tickle me silly" and then run off. I love the sound of your laugh and your giggles. I love to hear you laugh with your brother. You crack each other up.

You still don't eat much solid food, but you are really trying. You've been making a ton of progress in the last 4 or 5 months. You are working so hard and I am so proud of you. I'm confident by your next birthday you will be eating like every other four year old.

You are a talker. You have something to say about everything. You once talked, non-stop from Sacramento to San Diego. I cannot believe that I ever thought you were delayed in your speech. I love to hear the things that come out of your mouth. You are so funny. You are so observant. You are so VERBAL! I love to hear your opinions. I am a little worried for when you get a bit older with even stronger ideas. I am pretty sure that you will be thoughtful and insightful at any age.

You love your brother and will often give him unsolicited, unrequested hugs. Sometimes they lead to wrestling matches, sometimes they lead to giggle fests. Either way, it's a sight to behold. I love to watch this brotherly bond grow each day.

I love you so much. My heart overflows. The way you delight in life, makes me a happier person. I love you THIS much.

No comments: