Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Love letters (Baby A)

Dear Ryan:

My first born.
My sweet cuddler.
My patient little boy.

You are so kind, so ready to please. You show so much empathy for others. I love to hear you tell your brother that he will be okay when he is hurting.

You love to read. You would read all day long if you could, or rather if I could. I love that you know the words to almost all of the hundreds of books that we own. I love the way you cuddle into me while we read.

You love cars, trucks, and trains, anything that goes. Second to a book, or Snoopy, you almost always have a car in your hand. I love that you can spot and name any construction vehicle on the freeway or side of the road.

You love your guys. Snoopy, Snoopy, and Mama Puppy are your favorites, however froggy, kanga, baby kanga, baby puppy, Tigger, Pooh, polar bear, puppy, franklin (aka Clifford) and Baa all have to be in bed with you. I love that you have so many guys, and you know where each and everyone of them should be.

You are full of excitement over everything. You scream "Lizard" every day like it is the first time you've ever seen one. When you get excited, you have this way of saying "OHHHHH" that makes me smile every time I hear it.

You vie for attention because sometimes your brother needs more, but you do it so sweetly. "Look at me, Mommy." or "Watch me Evan" are heard at meal times as you try to help your brother learn how to eat his food. I love that you are so supportive, and so understanding of the extra time it takes to get Evan fed.

You laugh so easily, giggle, snicker. I love to tickle you just to hear you laugh uncontrollably. It makes me smile to think about your joy.

You have a ritual at every nap time and every bed time, you say..."Baby puppy has an idea, when baby puppy wakes up he sleep in Mommy bed and Daddy bed." your inflection goes up at the end of Mommy and Daddy with excitement. Every time, it's the same, unless you are a baby kitty, or dinosaur, or lizard that day. I once just wanted you to go to sleep, until I realized that you were growing up so fast and that one day soon you'll barely be saying good night to me at all. Now, I cherish that moment, that adorable phrase

You started out as the quiet one, but now you are quite a chatter box. You narrate your actions throughout the day, you sing things that surprise me, sometimes you whisper them. I don't know why, but it is really cute. I love to listen to you chatter, or sing. You are always so excited by what you are saying.

You are so observant. You know where everything is. If Evan is looking for something, you'll say, "oh, that is over here!" and you are always right! I love that you get that from me.

You love your brother. You call him Evie, or Ev, or Ev-AN. I love the sweet tender moments the two of you share, cuddling and reading on the couch. I love the raucous wrestling matches, and the giggles that follow.

I love so much more about you that I could never put into words. You are the joy in my everyday. I smile every time I think of you. I love you to the moon and back.

1 comment:

Mommy Darnell said...

Both incredibly sweet letters to your boys. =)