Monday, January 28, 2008

Weekend Update

Fish Fun
We had a busy week and then had a very busy weekend! Friday morning we met our friends (met at birthing class, boy/girl twins, girl spent a few days in the NICU with us) at the aquarium, I only got this picture of the boys walking with Elizabeth. They were very well behaved again!!!! We did the whole trip without benefit of the stroller (Just from and to the car) and the boys had a blast. They listened to their Mommy, and really enjoyed looking at the fish, touching the sea stars and climbing the steps. But maybe that is why I only got this one picture!!!! who had hands free to deal with the camera!
It's great being a twin

You've always got a built in see saw partner.

More Fish Fun

In Balboa Park they have a Japanese Friendship Garden. We decided to take the boys on Saturday at the end of a few errands. The boys immediately got out of the stroller and started down the path. They have a Shi-Shi-Odoshi which is like a fountain, a piece of bamboo is balanced and water flows down, fills the bamboo up, and when it reaches the tipping point, it crashes down onto a rock and makes a sharp noise, thought to scare off evil spirits. This was a very big hit with the boys. It takes several minutes for the bamboo to fill, and we must have heard it crash 3, maybe 4 times? Patience, sometimes these boys have unlimited patience. It was when they decided the water was flowing to slowly, and they started banging the bamboo on the rock that we moved on.

The Koi pond was a big hit. There was a nice man (docent, I hope) who gave us some food to feed the fish. The Koi were huge, they had these big oval shaped mouths, they breached the surface and swallowed the little pellets like they were giant meatballs. We fed them one pellet at a time to prolong the activity (per the docent) and the boys even tried to throw the pellets themselves. Other visitors let the koi eat out of their hands, but I thought this might be a little too much!

The boys were very good and posed for these pictures, I think Evan is wondering when he might get to try sushi.

What a fun adventure, next up, its got to be the Natural History Museum!!!

Sunday, Rainy, Sunday

It rained on Sunday but our fiend Amanda came over to make us jealous, show us her pictures from Chile. The boys did their best Corey Hart impersonations.


Manic Monday

We had a lot on our plate today, first off a make-up Music Class, then a play date. Our week is going to be equally hectic! Lots of potential blog fodder.

One last sweet thing that happened today. Ryan fell and I think he hurt his arm. I was sitting on the floor reading to Evan and it happened behind me. I looked over and asked him if he hurt his arm and if he needed me to kiss it and make it better. He toddled over held out his injury for me to kiss. I asked him if I had made it better, gotten it all, and he put his arm out again for more kisses. I retold this story to Scott tonight, and sure enough, before I had gotten to the end, Ryan's arm was in my face again for more get well kissing.

They are starting to understand SO much!

No comments: