Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Odds and Ends

"Poop goes in the Potty"
Shelley has started and stopped potty training Madison and that got me thinking about what is ahead for us. Actually this post on one of the blogs that I frequent got me thinking, and laughing, and I haven't been able to get the song out of my head. (Eric, don't look, you might be able to handle listening, but don't look!) I'm saving this for the time when it will be required around here.
"If I had eight kids"
I've been watching this show called "Jon and Kate Plus Eight" there is a lot of backlash, some people hate Kate, others love her, some people think Jon is a wimp, others love him. I personally watch to see a small sampling of what I have in store for me. The Gosselins have eight kids. A set of twin girls and a set of sextuplets. (3 boys and 3 girls) I get tips on things what to do, mostly I get to see that I'm really not that bad. (stop laughing Scott!)


Kate, with eight kids, sweeps and mops the floor after every meal. Hmmm, I TRY to pick up the big chunks and the large splats after every meal, and if I am lucky I mop once a day, or at least take a damp rag to those dried on pieces. All that sweeping and mopping? well I could read at least 3 books, or help build 3 lego towers with the boys in that time.


Kate, with eight kids, coordinates all the outfits so the little girls are all dressed alike and the little boys are too, they are dressed alike, coordinated with the girls, and wearing the proper shoes. She has dress up shoes and play shoes for the kids. Their jackets too have to match. One Fourth of July she had a fit because she wasn't sure that Jon had packed Red, White, or Blue jackets for each of the kids. Heck, I'm not into the whole matching twins thing, but I'd say with eight kids, be happy if they are dressed in somewhat clean clothes each day. Granted, she may have a perfectly good reason for this (anal retentiveness) maybe Safety. If they are all wearing the same outfits it is easier to find one if they are lost. All that cooridinating and matching, well I could wash several loads of laundry with that time.


No matter, it's just one of those funny things on my mind, and it fits in since this last week she was potty training the little boys, they are three and a half. Whew I have a little time yet. And I have gotten a couple of good ideas from Kate, too, like she uses these little drawstring purses to serve cereal in the car. The drawstrings attach to the buckles on the car seats and so no one drops the whole thing on the floor, causing a need to stop and pick it up 1000 times. I'm so going to use that when the boys are old enough to eat in the car. (read--18)

Any-way- that's one of the ways I pass the time on my elliptical.

"On Notice"
Last night Ryan cried for two and a half hours....TWO AND A HALF HOURS. He's the baby that I put to sleep wide awake and leave him and he's out. He sometimes wakes up once or twice on rare occasions, but I usually don't hear from him until 5 or 5:30 the next morning. So I am DEAD tired, and I saw this on another blog and I decided that the boys need to be put on notice.

Thank you Stephen Colbert!

And now I am off to bed. Good night.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Oh...he is soooo on notice!! Busted big time!! You tell Ryan that his Auntie Shelley is coming down in 2 weeks to straighten things out :) Yeah, right. Ha!