Tuesday, January 15, 2008

O(h) Christmas Tree

To say the Christmas tree made an impression on the boys, is an understatement. If the lights were off, they would both scream, and sign, frantically for them to be turned "on". Evan even began to say the word "on".

So, we've been procrastinating a little when it comes to taking the tree down. We worried that there might me endless screaming and gesturing. Sunday was the day. I got all of the ornaments off, and Scott worked on the lights while the boys watched. He then told them to say goodbye to the tree, and he tossed it out on the curb.

Yesterday, Evan woke up from his nap, looked at where the tree once stood, looked at me and signed.

Star. I said, yes honey, it's gone.

He signed. Tree. I said, yes honey, it's gone too.

He said. "uh-oh"

I guess he misses the tree.

No comments: