Friday, May 29, 2009

Random assortment of photos from the last few weeks

I mentioned this on Facebook, but it deserves a mention here.

As I was changing Evan's diaper, Ryan says to me, "Mommy, there is a lobster here."
Me: "RE-ally"
Ryan: "Yes, and he is crawling around right here."
Me: Mommy bells going off in my head, quickly closed up the diaper to investigate.

Was I glad I did!

I found this scorpion, quickly closed it up into the bucket of cars and set it outside on the porch.
When Scott got home he discovered it was dead, and posed for this picture.

A couple of days later, Ryan told me to "Get your camera Mommy" He was posing for this picture with his fake lizard.


We've been going to Mommy and Me classes for almost two years, we just finished our last class and it is so bittersweet. The boys have grown so much with the help of our teacher Mrs. B. and their wonderful classmates. They loved going to school, and I hope this leads to a smooth transition next fall when we go to big boy preschool all by ourselves.






This is what happens in the backseat of the car more days than not. It just cracks me up, both of them buried in their books as happy as can be.

Dino Mountain opened and we took a trip there on Memorial Day. The boys were a little apprehensive, the dinosaurs move and growl, but it really made an impression. Every day since Monday, Ryan has asked me if we can go see the Dinosaurs again.


So on Thursday, we went back again, TWICE. (oh and I did it by myself, with NO STROLLER!!)

Ryan really enjoyed the stamping, the stamping his passport, his hands, his shirt, his arms.

This was an unscripted moment, they just decided to hold hands. So sweet it makes my teeth ache.

And finally, a little video of my crazy speed demon. No one taught him to take the turns like that, it appears to be something he just knew how to do. We appear to be in big trouble in about 13 years.

No comments: