Sunday, February 22, 2009

Cousins

Last week cousin Madison and Nannie came to visit. I'm not sure if three kids could have had more fun! We went to the park...
We went for a walk in a preserve...






and we even rode the train...




It's been so amazing to watch the cousins learn to play with each other and interact. It is such a joy to have a cousin close in age. I remember growing up with my cousin. We didn't spend a lot of time together, but when we did, we ALWAYS had fun.

Every time these three see each other, I see a new awareness in all of them. The boys talk about cousin Madison, and what she did, or does. Madison was super excited to see her cousins, and really disappointed when one night Evan refused to give her a hug good night.

After each visit, I reflect on how wonderful it is that these kids are so close in age, and that they will always have special times with each other.

No comments: