Monday, September 8, 2008

I think I threw up a little in my mouth

I had one of those mornings. A morning that every mommy fears, or at least hopes never happens to them...

Lately we've taken to removing our diapers, or our brother's diapers. (you know where I'm going with this right?) I'm a 99% of the time 100% attentive parent, so, this is not a big, big deal. Diapers removed get put right back on.

Today I was getting dressed, so we could go here...

I stopped in the laundry room to throw a load in, and I heard Evan say the following in rapid fire succession

"Ry-Ry, nakey boy"
"Ry-Ry, bum"
"Ry-Ry, run 'round, Nakey boy"
"Evan poop"
"Evan go poop"
"EVAN GO POOOO-OP"

I made it to the living room in time to catch an overwhelming whiff of poop, (So strong I knew, it was not neatly contained within a diaper.) and to see Ryan streaking around the room from couch to couch, naked, as I had expected given the play-by-play. I caught Ryan, found his bum clean, slapped a diaper on him hoping he was just gassy. Turned around, to Evan, who now had his diaper off, feet, legs and bum full of poop.

(hands over face, quickly think, think, think)

I swooped him up, careful not to get poop on my clothes or self. Tossed him in the empty tub, told him to stay put. Ran back to the living room and collected the books, and toys that had any speck or smear of poop on them left them in the hallway, safe from Ryan, and ran back to clean up the small smear on the carpet. The clean carpets that I spent three and a half hours vacuuming and shampooing on Saturday. (argh)

Evan was still standing patiently in the tub. What a good boy. I washed him off thoroughly. Diapered him put him back into the living room to attend to the toys.

Whew, all that action, and it was still only 9:15. We were dressed, sunscreen applied, in the car and off to have fun by 9:40.

The boys are now sleeping, with tape firmly securing their diapers.

No comments: