Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I did a bad, bad thing

Almost two years ago I lost my beloved Samson. He was my first true love. He was my cat and only my cat. He tolerated Scott. I still miss him every day.

So, I'm a bit of a softy when it comes to cats.

A few days ago a little gray cat showed up in our back yard. The boys were thrilled to see the Kitty Cat and the Mom who wants to please her little boys kicked in. I grabbed a can of tuna out of the pantry and put it down outside the door to keep the cat around for a while so the boys could say "Hi Kitty Cat" a thousand times. The cat loved it. (naturally) The boys loved it. (naturally) And now, um, she's been back every day since. Today she spent almost the entire day in our yard. I know she must have a home because she is very friendly, and really wants to come in to the house.

I'm afraid she's adopted us as a second family.

I guess it's a good thing that my craving for fish lead me to purchase 3 pounds of salmon and a huge pack of tuna fish the last time I was at CostCo.

No comments: