Sunday, September 14, 2008

And we were worried they would never talk

Okay, we still worry about every other little thing, but lately, Evan has just been a TALKING MACHINE.

Here's a sampling of some of his more impressive (funny to me) sentences/phrases.

  • To Ryan at breakfast: "Let toast cool down, then eat"
  • To Ryan and Me in the car: "Daddy be right back, just run in, he get donuts for Mommy and Daddy"
  • While dragging his parachute around the house: "motorboat, motorboat go so fast"
  • Explaining to me what happened when he awoke from his nap crying, and I did not hear him because I was working out: "Evan turn off monitor, cry, climb out of bed"
  • While pointing to a quarter note: "quarter-note"
  • While getting spit all over his chin: "Eighttththhthh note"
  • Singing with a balled up scarf or clothes, or stuffed animals in his hand: "All around ca-ca bench, monkey chase weasel, monkey thought it was fun, POP goes weasel"
  • Singing again: "are you sleeping, are you sleeping, bra-bra, morning bells ringing"
  • Singing even more: "Bye bye Evan, Bye bye Evan, time for you to go home."
  • While holding said dragonfly: "Dragonfly went to beach, now Evan has" (and yes, the dragonfly was in our bag of beach toys and was found there on Saturday)
  • During diaper changes: "Evan, Ry-ry have prize poops" (surprise poops) or "Evan, Ry-Ry no prize poops, just pee-pee"
  • Generally, any time, any place: "When Daddy come home, then read car book with you!" (Both boys say this as the "car book" is our favorite right now)
It's so great because he is starting to express his opinions, and tell me things that are happening, in real sentences, not just one word grunts that I then interpret to mean one thing or another.

Remind me I said all that when all I want someday is peace and quiet.

_______
**(Ryan seems to be feeling much better, aside from FOUR HOUR naps, there are no other symptoms and his fever is long gone)

1 comment:

Jessica Heldman said...

Hi Janice, My boys and I met you and your boys at the aquarium. Thanks for your comment last week on our blog. It is fun reading yours too. We just suffered our first cold of the season too, so I empathize. It's going to be a long winter. We hope to see you again soon!