Sunday, November 2, 2008

Photo shoots and old friends.

Today we ventured out for our first family photo shoot. I've been very neglectful in getting professional photos taken of the boys but it's something that I've been meaning to do for, well, the last two and a half years.

We used a photographer recommended by our friend Lindsay. They have used Alison, well, for the last two and a half years. ( I suck ) I've always admired the pictures so this year I finally did it.

Rain was predicted for today, so I was a little worried. I was also a little worried that my very active boys would do something crazy and end up with a black eye or missing tooth. (remind me to talk about my teeth sometime soon)

Turns out we had partly cloudy no rain, and no black eyes. There's a little bruise on Ryan's cheek but it's barely noticeable.

I sure hope Alison got some good shots. It's so hard to tell. Ryan was pretty cooperative, however Evan would only sit still for about 2 seconds at a time. They had a blast, our locations were beautiful, so even if we get 1 or 2 pictures, I'll be happy. Stay tuned.

After the shoot, I totally out of character, decided that an impromptu visit to the aquarium would be a fun thing to do. Mind you, I was wet, very wet, and very sandy. The boys, had changes of clothes, of course, but I well, I had dry outerwear, but no dry underwear. I'll just let you ponder my choice. Sometimes the imagination is funnier than real life.

We were at the aquarium for a while, the boys had pet the sea cucumber, and the sea star, and had now moved on to the boats. I swear we could play with the boats for hours. There was another woman out there with her son, and a group of kids over by the sharks. (It was about this point I realized that my back was seizing up on me and getting very sore.) This woman and her son were at one table and our boys were at another. All of a sudden she steps out between the two tables and says "It's Drop Kick!" I said "excuse me?" and she said it again. "It's Drop Kick!"

When realization kicked in, all I could say was "NO WAYYYY!!"

DK is someone Scott and I went to college with. MANY, MANY years ago. We ran into each other maybe 10 years ago? She's still living here, with her husband and 2 kids. Her one son is 2 and a half just like our boys. I gave her my card and I really hope she gets in touch with us because it would be fun to catch up after all this time.

Oh, she was named Drop Kick by one of our friends (whom we also haven't seen in some 15 years), because she was friends and roommates with two other Lisa's, and because she was small enough to Drop.Kick. The three Lisas forever became known as Drop Kick, Phil and Vogel. Well, forever in college, since I'm sure that after they stopped living together and hanging out with all of their college buddies, people started calling them Lisa.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Drop Kick! Now there's a name from the past! If you see her again tell her I said "Hi"!

BTW, I couldn't agree with you more about Prop 8. It just boiled my blood when the supporters of that hateful proposition claimed, "They'll teach our children that it's ok for 2 people of the same sex to get married." Too late! I've already taught my kids that lesson. I sincerely hope that this whole debate goes the way of the miscegenation laws of long ago (but not that long ago).