Thursday, October 30, 2008

Gin-gee-bread House!!!!

Nannie brought a Gingerbread House kit for the boys to put together, and then she promptly left town, leaving me to either do it with the boys or not. I decided, because you know I'm silly that way, that today (Sleep deprived, because Pickle Puss Ryan decided to wake up at 3:40 AM screaming to get his frog to play music, and because his "guys" weren't in the right place, and then proceeded to play and talk to his "guys" for an hour.) would be a great day to do a messy, complicated, and patience requiring project like a Halloween Gingerbread House.

In my pre-kid days I got all Martha and made a Gingerbread House from scratch one Christmas. It was really fun, and I'd love to do it again sometime. You know, with the boys, when they are 20 or so.

This was considerably easier than that Martha house. All the pieces were pre-cut ready to assemble. I did the assembly when the boys were sleeping. After naps we dove right in.






That's Evan EATING some sprinkles. Yes, they dissolve in your mouth, but so do M&M's and he doesn't swallow those!
Yeah, that's a car on our house, you got a problem with that?


This is what it is supposed to look like...



Ours looks like this...
but as we were cleaning up Evan said, "Fun! Gin-Gee-Bread House!!!" and I challenge even Martha to say that that is not the point.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

You're braver than I am! It looks fabulous!