Saturday, October 11, 2008

For Sale: Two Boys, Best Offer

For Sale
Adorable, energetic, talkative,
two year old boys. Love cuddles,
cars, trucks and soccer balls.
Package includes all clothes,
toys and books. Please make offer.
Please.


On Thursday this was the ad I was considering placing on Craig's List. It was just one of those days. Evan spent hours in time out for hitting his brother. He wasn't even angry, he just seemed to enjoy bonking him on the head. I did not enjoy placing his little bottom in time out over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over. Seriously.

Then Ryan decided he wasn't going to eat the lunch I packed him. No. Matter. What. I even threatened that he would not be able to pet the Clydesdale if he did not eat. Nope. So I then looked like the worst mom in the world when I let Evan pet the horse, and denied my poor crying other child.

We came home to Mr. No Nap Evan, (how do they know when I REALLY need a break?) and another round of the hitting-time out shuffle.

By the time Scott got home from work, I was EXHAUSTED, physically and emotionally.

Friday I tried a new tactic. Instead of "punishing" Evan. I gave Ryan privileges. Evan hit Ryan while we were in the store. Therefore, Ryan got to get out of the stroller and walk with me while Evan remained in the stroller in "time out"

There were only two times on Friday where Evan hit Ryan, so I pulled my ad from Craig's List.


No comments: