Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The week in review

We've had a lot going on around here, and I've been meaning to blog, but Scott has taken offense to all of the click clacking from the computer while he is trying to watch The Shield, or Mad Men, or Heroes or any other show he deems necessary for his and therefore my full attention.

Let's see, first of all last Thursday I got the brilliant idea to take the kids to a "kids salon" to get their hair cut. This is all because we are FINALLY going to have professional pictures taken of the boys for our cards and such this holiday season. And of course, even though at the time I had yet to confirm our appointment with the photographer, it was imperative that we get our haircuts last Thursday. You know, for grow out time. It was...less than successful. The hair cuts came out just fine, however, I did not.

These are the only blurry shots I was able to take because I had a very unhappy toddler on my lap squirming, throwing his full 28 pounds of weight to and fro, trying to escape the scissors. Oddly enough, the child that at home loves scissors, and haircuts, threw the hissy fit. While the child that ended up with odd asymmetrical styles because of his fussing at home, sat perfectly still while he was styled. I'm pretty sure it was the Thomas the Train video they played in front of his face. Both boys came out looking just fine, traumatized, maybe, but by the time we do the pics, their hair will look perfect. Not too shaggy, not to "just cut".



************************************

This weekend, we had our first butterfly release. It was pretty amazing, in the morning we had a pupa, and in the afternoon, we had a butterfly. We released another on Sunday, and I released another today. We have a few more that we are hopeful will turn into butterflies while we eat lunch, and then we will be done until next year. We've already decided that we need more milkweed since our caterpillars ate every last leaf in the garden.



********************************

We went to a car show around the corner from our house and ran into a couple of friends and their cars. The boys are still talking about the "white car, press horn, go beep beep".


**********************************

Ah, yes, and the boys got sick. Not so sick I just want to cuddle sick. But runny noses, coughs, I feel fine so why are we not doing all the things we love to do and are stuck in the house all day now I'm going to whine and moan and be generally grumpy, sick. I got so desperate that I actually made an outing of going to the post office in our Jammies. It was like 10 am and they had been up since 5, and I just ran out of things to do, and I needed to get out of the house if even for a short car ride to the post office where I wouldn't even be getting out of the car, but it was a change of scenery.

***********************************

We had a meltdown of epic proportions yesterday. Ryan desperately wanted his yellow truck and I couldn't find it anywhere. I proceeded to put away all the toys, and almost all of them were out (we were sick remember) while he finished up lunch. In the meantime, Evan was ready for bed.

And then it happened, the moment I have been dreading for two years. We lost Ringo. (I still have to tell the story of Ringo, Other Ringo and Snoopys.) We had Ringo, it was Other Ringo that was lost. Since I had just done a complete search of the house for yellow truck, I was pretty sure Ringo was not around. However, I frantically searched, while Evan screamed and cried "Other Ringo-o-o-o-o" to no avail. He wasn't in the tent, he wasn't in the car, he was no where to be found. I pulled out back up Ringo #3 (there are 3 others), no I was told "No Soft Ringo" finally I had to plunk my poor sobbing child into bed with only one Ringo, with the promise, that if he was quiet, I would continue to search for Ringo and bring it in to him.

I searched for 45 minutes. Evan was asleep. I gave up and went to take a shower. On my way out of the shower, walking through my bed room, I found Other Ringo, in my bed. Evan woke up an hour later with both Ringos. Whew.

*******************************

I think we are no longer infectious, so tomorrow we are going to our third class at the animal shelter. REPTILES! I'm sure this is going to be very exciting for my lizard loving boys.

********************************

Things said lately.

Evan: I feel groovy naked. (one of our new favorite songs is 59th Street Bridge Song) (Be careful what musical influences you expose your children to, you never know how they are going to interpret the lyrics.)

Ryan: Uh, Oh. somebody spilled water over there. (after he dumped his cup of water on the window sill to run his cars through)

Evan: I don't like soft Ringo in bed.

Evan: Evan get out of bed by self to see Mommy. (after climbing out of bed after naps)

Evan: This looks like Cle-cle-net (Clarinet). Actually, a flute. (Music classes are paying off!)

Ryan: Ry-Ry do it also.

No comments: