Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Time Well Spent

Poor sick baby. Ryan is not feeling well. He spiked a fever last night, just a low grade 99.8. This morning he woke up feeling warmer, it had with out meds all night gone up to 101. This evening before dinner, it was up to 104. Eeegads.

I'm sure this is payback because I was just telling someone the other day that Ryan and Evan almost never have fevers. I've got to remember to knock on wood more.

Poor little one, all he wanted to do today was cuddle and read books. Usually we are up and out of the house by 8:30 gone until naps and the day flies by. The thought of staying home all day gives me cold sweats. Those few rainy days this winter, almost had me lose my mind. But for some reason today, the time just flew by. And most of that time was spent cuddled on the couch with blankets and books. Go figure.

Evan was so sweet, he'd come read a book or two with us, then run off to play with something, come back cuddle, read, and he'd be off again. Just checking in, but he had lots of playing to do.

There is something extra sweet about a sick baby child. That warm body curled up gazing up at you as you read "Hug" for the fifth time in a row.

We don't have the luxury of days spent on the couch very often, nor do the boys want to spend days sitting around all day, unless they are sick. So, even though I got nothing done today, spent all of nap time cleaning up from breakfast and lunch, emptying the dishwasher, showering and eating lunch myself. It was time well spent.

And, I'm sure tomorrow, it'll be all three of us cuddled on the couch, burning up with fever, because that's how it is with twins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Ryan, hope Evan stays well.