Thursday, April 17, 2008

15 years later

Happy Anniversary to us.

Fifteen years ago today, Scott and I were married. It's hard to believe that its been Fifteen years. (Except that its not even 8:30 and Scott is asleep on the couch.)

We met in college, my freshman year. My CRAZY roommate had a huge crush on his roommate. Of course this was like week one and how she could be so madly in love with this guy, well, I told you she was crazy. For the next four years Scott and I hung out in the same circles. We had a lot of the same friends, went to the same parties, those circles intersected a lot.

I'm not all that sure how it happened, but something changed my senior year. WE started hanging out together much more. We were both doing internships, and working, our focus was similar in that we were trying to prepare for life after college. We started being the first of our group at The Pub on Friday nights, so we started to get to know each other more and more. We would make plans for Monday Night Football, we started getting together to watch "ThirtySomething", movies, generally spending a lot of time together.

I finally had to ask Scott out. If I would have waited for him to make the first move, well, I'd still be waiting. We kept it a quiet from our circles for a while. I remember the first night we went public. It was "ThirtySomething" night, Scott and I sat and held hands. We later heard that there was a gathering on the porch, with questions flying in every direction. "When did that happen?" "Did you know?" "How did that happen?" It still makes me smile.

We were married, three years later. Thirteen years later, we had Ryan and Evan. Two years after that, we fall asleep on the couch at 8:30.

No comments: