Thursday, February 14, 2008

I Am A Horrible Mother

That's the truth of it, and because of it, I'm sure my kids are going to get beat up at school all the time.

We went to music class today, and in walked these adorable fraternal twin girls, in red heart covered skirts, pink shirts, tights and black dress shoes. It was at that point I realized it was Valentine's Day. I looked over at my boys in their green and blue shirts, jeans, not a speck of red (or pink) on them.

These poor boys are going to be those kids in elementary school wearing the paper shamrocks pinned to their shirts by teachers so they don't get pinched on St. Patrick's Day.

I sure hope that before it really counts, I can start relating to dates and days to months. Right now my brain works like this, WAP (Mon.), OT/EI (Tues.), Aquarium (Wed.), Music Class (Thurs.), Farmer's Market (Fri..), repeat, or I do the how many more days until Scott is home for the weekend countdown.

Maybe I should keep a stack of holiday stickers in the glove compartment to be safe.

No comments: