Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Mean people suck.

I am so livid right now, still, its been like 3 hours, I've had a work out, a shower, and still I'm steaming a little bit.

The boys and I had a great morning, we went to the pool. The three of us. Me and the two boys and a large body of water. It went pretty well. There were a few timeouts that preceded our departure a little earlier than I had planned. (if you jump in the pool when mommy is not ready for you again, we are going home...splash) But really, it was all really good. Except when Evan had such a chunky burp, he threw up all over. Thankfully I got him to the deck so very little got in the actual pool. (I was able to scoop it out very quickly while getting both boys out of the water.) But, really, it was good. I swear! I'd do it again, and I will!

Because we left the pool a little early, I was able to fit in a couple of errands, one of which was a trip to the grocery store. I only had a few things to get, and this has become part of our routine. The boys hold my hands, and we all carry bags over our shoulders.

It was crazy busy today, but the boys have become really good listeners and we made our way to the check out to pay. We found a short line and waited to put our stuff on the belt. I had Evan on my left and Ryan on my right. A lady pulled in behind us with her cart and almost ran it into Evan's head. I let it go, she was no spring chicken, I'm sure she didn't notice him there, or realize how close she was to him. Then she did it again. But this time I had positioned my leg between his head and her cart, and she ran into my leg. And didn't acknowledge that she had hit me! So, I clearly needed to bring this to her attention so she was more careful.

I looked over my shoulder and said..."um you almost hit my kid in the head with your cart." there was no tone in my voice, it was matter of fact, non accusatory, just a statement.

The mean old bat had the nerve to say "he should be in a cart"

I replied with "EXCUSE ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

She said never mind as she took her broom cart to the next aisle over.

The lady in front of me, shook her head and said "some people and their own agendas" I don't think it was that, she was just a cranky old lady.

Seriously...

First of all, If you almost hit a kid in the head with your cart, and you've already hit their mom in the leg and that Mom says something to you, nicely. You just say, I'm sorry or excuse me I didn't see him there. Yes?

Secondly. It's not like he was running around crazy and she couldn't avoid hitting him. He was standing still, next to me, HOLDING MY HAND.

Third. Do you REEAALLLY need to be so close behind a person that you run the risk of running into them? I hate that about people. Why do they have to be on your heels. It doesn't make the checker check faster, or space on the belt open up, I cannot put my stuff up on the belt, until there is space, and therefore you cannot put your stuff up. I do not want to go home with the impression of your cart on my backside.

Oh yeah, and finally, Lady look I've got TWINS, where would you suggest I put the second kid? Your cart? You are probably the same lady who wouldn't move over a inch to give me an easier path when I was pushing a stroller full of boys and pulling a cart loaded with groceries behind me. (Why is it that the only place on earth that has double carts is CostCo. Believe me if I could put one in while the other was out, I would. But hey all you twin moms know, that's just not happening.)

So, what I want to know is, do people just reach an age where they think common courtesy means nothing? Or where the rules just don't apply to them? Where it is okay to almost ram your cart into an innocent child's head and then when it is brought to your attention you can make some remark other than, I'm so sorry?

I hope I never get that old.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Ugh... how infuriating. Why don't people ever want to admit that they're wrong? Is it that hard to say, "I'm sorry?". Just know that your kids are better behaved than she is, take comfort in that!

Mommy Darnell said...

Sounds like you were grocery shopping with our neighbor... we call her "crazy neighbor lady".