Monday, July 13, 2009

Imaginations in full bloom

I love all of the play acting going on in our house. It regularly makes me spit water out of my mouth in laughter.

It seems everything we do gets replayed sometime later.

The doctors office: Evan with a ribbon in his hand, he holds one end up to his ear, and another to Ryan's chest. "are you here for your appointment" "Okay, let me have a listen" "great job, do you want a sticker?"

Swim lessons: "Sit there, put your back on the wall" "Jump in and swim!" "Good job, high fives" "I am so proud of you"

Feeding group: "Look friends, this food is a circle" "Look friends, Miss Kim has another food that is in the shape of a circle. It's the same except this one is crunchy!" "Let's see what our next food is friends."

Flag raising on the Fourth of July: "Okay, I'm going to raise the flag, and then sing the National Anthem, there's going to be a loud sound, but it won't be too loud."

And the reason that I even started this post, I was so blown away by these sponges I call kids.

The other day we had people working in our house on our TV's they were here all day, and at the end of the day they had the television on, and the boys were in the room. The TV was on the Fine Living Network, and Emeril was cooking something. They were watching, intently, for maybe ten minutes tops? When we sat down to dinner that evening, the boys proceeded to cut up their food and mix things all together, while narrating.

"One Tablespoon of garlic"
"One Teaspoon of salt"
"some sugar"
"Bam"

I freaking kid you not, Ryan said "Bam" Evan said "Bam"

I laughed so hard I was crying.

No comments: