Monday, June 9, 2008

Maric Merry Making

Mary and Eric took a much needed weekend away from work and came to visit. The boys always have fun when their Aunt and Uncle come to see them.

On Friday, before we went to the airport, I asked Ryan, "Do you know who is coming to see you today?" He immediately replied. "Eik" I then asked, and who else? and he said "Mae-Mae" I think I had told them earlier in the week that Eric and Mary were coming to see them this weekend, but I had no idea that he could or would remember it! Shocked, I quickly sent off an e-mail to Eric and Mary telling them about the conversation I just had with their nephew. I thought I'd make those last few hours at work a little more painful!

We had a very busy weekend, punctuated with a lot of down time for naps and good eating.

Saturday started with soccer, Evan was again the first to the parachute, and I just love this picture of him it really captures the under the parachute moment.

Our twin friends from the NICU had their birthday party on Saturday, so the six of us went and enjoyed "Taco Man" and the bouncer and "Or" jello. (orange)

Every one was very tired on the way home.

I should mention that I was really impressed with the way the boys handled the day. I've been really compulsively anal strict about keeping the boys on a schedule, sticking with it even if it means cutting visits short, or going home early, etc. However, with our recent "Birthday season" (all of our friends were born around the same time of year, since most of our playdate buddies are friends from the NICU) parties have been scheduled during our normal nap time. I've been very flexible in working around this with a shocking amount of success. The boys have adapted really nicely to this flexibility. This won't be an everyday thing, I believe they are so wonderfully adaptable BECAUSE they have so much predictability and structure. It's that structure that allows them to enjoy the times when we are a little off schedule. I feel that the stability really makes for happier babies, but knowing I can extend time before naps, or go virtually napless, every ONCE in a while, makes me a happy momma. (now, bed time, that's a whole other ball game. Everytime I've tried to be flexible here, I've PAID BIG TIME.)


I LOVE this picture of Eric and Evan playing the piano. (it so looks like Evan is copying what Eric is doing) Evan just loves sitting at the piano and "playing". Uncle Eric even played some of his very favorite songs (Levon, Tiny Dancer) much to his delight!

Sunday we went to the beach (and Pizza Port) Evan delighted in this little sand crab that his dad dug out for him to see. He is so funny, he won't swallow anything he has to chew, but he'll pick up a sand crab, hold him, let him run around on his hand, and ask for more. Maybe I should serve him food still moving. Ryan touched it, but once was enough, he quickly dropped it back into it's sandy home.


We had so much fun chasing waves, digging in the sand and hanging with Eric and Mary.

No comments: