Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Over the weekend Scott and I returned to an old favorite BC activity.

We played in the US Nationals Kayak Polo Tournament in Los Angeles.

I've/we've competed in a few of these over the years, usually trained pretty hard leading up to the competition, and usually pretty focused on competition.

This year, totally different story. Prior to this weekend, I'd been in my polo boat exactly 4 times in the last four plus years. Even after I put this rag tag team together, I still only managed to get on the water and play a couple of times.

I kept telling myself this is just for fun. This is just for fun. I had no belief that we'd even win a game, score a goal or do anything but have a good time.

I kept telling our team to just have fun. Fun we did. Our first few games were rough, but we held tough and started to gel. By the end of the tournament, we were winning games, and playing really well together. So well in fact we came in second in our division. We beat one of the strongest teams in our division, and played the first place team to three one goal games throughout the weekend, including the final.

It was so. much. fun!!!!!

In my bad mommy moment of the weekend. I missed my baby's debut.

For those of you who know Evan, you know his obsession with black speakers, microphones, and the National Anthem. When we got to the tournament on Saturday Evan heard the announcements for up coming games and assignments, he was pretty excited. I had gone off to scout our competition, and I guess Evan wanted to go talk on the microphone and hear it come out of the black speakers.

Then, my little performer took over.

He got the microphone in his hand and belted out the National Anthem. For whatever reason, I didn't hear him, but he sang the whole thing facing the American Flag (another obsession).

I cannot believe that no one got a picture.
I cannot believe that no one got this on video.

I cannot believe I missed it.

ARGGHH. I know there will be things I miss as the boys grow up, but...man, I don't like it.

No comments: