Friday, October 30, 2009

If only they'd stay little forever.

Evan woke up at 4 AM screaming, hysterical, body shaking sobs. I don't know why.

Scott went in first, and usually that is not an issue. Evan will go right back to sleep.

Not last night.

All I heard through the monitor was, "I (sob) w-AAA-NT (sob) Mah (sob) Mah (sob)(sob)(sob)"

Heartbreaking.

I waited one minute to see if he would calm down, but once again I heard crying and, "I (sob) w-AAA-NT (sob) Mah (sob) Mah (sob)(sob)(sob)"

I went in and held his little sobbing body. He just kept alternating crying and sobbing with hugging and kissing me.

He eventually calmed down and went back to bed, and back to sleep. He never told me what got him so upset. Poor little guy.

Just when I thought they were getting so big and grown up, the little loves make me feel needed. I hope I can always calm their fears and hug and kiss their tears away. But realistically, how long will it be before Momma's hugs and kisses are not needed or wanted? A week? A year? Ten?

For now, I'm going to savor every minute that only Momma can make it better.

No comments: