Sunday, August 3, 2008

Pay it Forward, Part II

A while back, Swistle had a massive group Pay it Forward contest. I held a contest here on my blog and entered a bunch myself. Well I won! Lucky me won Emblita's
contest and on Friday this great package of "Icelandic Stuff" arrived on my door step.

Look at all the cool stuff. There's soap, and postcards, (which are beautiful, and make me want to go to Iceland some day) there are Tattoos for the boys, magnets, a really beautiful book on trolls, yummy Icelandic licorice, napkins depicting the classic wool sweaters of the country, (there are a lot of sheep in Iceland) and possibly the most valuable, or the item that will get the most use? The ponytail holder.

It was great fun to get this package in the mail. It was a difficult Friday, and so it's arrival brightened up my day.

So, now it is my turn to Pay it Forward.

Simple, leave me a comment. (Make sure I can contact you if you win)
Answer the question, "What is your favorite Children's book?"
I will randomly select a winner.


Contest ends Wednesday, 12PM Pacific. If you do not have a blog, or do not want to host a contest, enter anyway. Just Pay it Forward in your own way...Do something special for a neighbor, a friend, or for an unsuspecting stranger, Or I'll be happy to pick another winner for you to send a fun little package to. For those 5 regular readers that did not enter the last contest. Please enter this one. I'd love to send YOU something to brighten your day.

12 comments:

Missy said...

I so wanted to win the Iceland package. It looks great.

My favourite kids book is "We're Going On A Bear Hunt." Best book ever.

Lindsay said...

Okay fine... pressure me why don't you ;)

so I had to enter anyway, because Children's Books are one of my MOST favorite topics (being that in a former post college life I was a manager of a local - and now defunct - bookstore chain, and it was my sole mission in life to improve the children's book section!

Let's see:

Favorite all around children's book: Good Night Moon

Favorite 'boy' type book: Anything by Byron Barton... Trucks, Planes, Airport, Boats, Trains...

Favorite 'girl' type book: Olivia (which we read all the time, so can it really be classified as 'girl' - no.

Favorite book to read to the boys: Click Clack Moo - Cows that Type

My favorite book from childhood: The Corgiville Fair, by Tasha Tudor.

Sorry, just couldn't leave it as just one...

Anonymous said...

right now i am feeling partial to Sport, Sign of the Beaver, Homecoming, and Ronia the Robbers Daughter

Valerie said...

My fave is my childhood fave: The Visit by Joan Esley and Eloise Wilkin. The rich illustrations always sucked me in as a little girl and even today I am absolutely mesmorized by them!

Cherish said...

Oooh, I love anything by Eric Carle...how cool are those pictures?

ya ya's mom said...

ok, lucky you on the great giftie! My favorite children's book...what a hard question...there are so many good ones. For older elementary I love the story The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane and Tale of Despereau. Ok, you just can't go wrong with Kate DiCamillo.

Younger kids...I love Eric Carle, Bill Martin Jr, the author of Chica Chica Boom Boom. So many...

pinkelefant said...

The Day Jimmy's Boa Ate the Wash or The Pokey Little Puppy!

Anonymous said...

It appears that Lindsay and I are kindred book lovers.

I adore Goodnight Moon and Click, Clack, Moo is another favorite.

Add some Babar to the mix and you're done!

Also thanks for asking the questions. I have been wanting to cover different children's books people love for my blog!

Michelle said...

Chica Chica ABC! Or Moo! Baa! La! La! La! One of the two....

Congrats on the Icelandic package!

clueless but hopeful mama said...

Lovely to meet your blog.

I am obsessed with all the golden books. Poky Little Puppy and I am a Bunny are my favorites.

Jenny H. said...

Where The Wild Things Are.

What a cool gift!

Courtney said...

Easy peasy. My favorite is The Velveteen Rabbit. Thanks for the opportunity!