Sunday, August 3, 2008

In the last 24 hours

I woke up one morning feeling crafty. Or rather, after our trip to the Children's Museum, with Grammie, I decided that I needed to make capes for the boys. They always enjoy playing with them and after looking at the $30 price tag, I decided I could dust off my crafty hat and make capes.

I started with a trip to the local fabric store. I purchased several remnants thinking that they
would be more than adequate. We'll with the boys not all that happy to be shopping for fabric, unless they were ripping the information label off the said remnants, I failed to check all the details on the labels, like width. So, almost a yard of fabric, that is only 22 inches wide, not exactly a cape makes.

I made a return trip on Saturday, sans boys, and purchased an armload of stuff, to be crafty with.

So, in the last 24 hours I've made:


Two black capes.


Two red capes complete with collars.



And you can just see under Ryan, two frog pillows, with zippered removable cases.

It was fun to dig out the old (VERY OLD) sewing machine and get some of the old creativity flowing again. And the boys have some fun things to show for it. Stay tuned because I have another project I'm going to start tonight.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I'm exhausted, just reading about your craftyness! Of course it also makes me want to pull out my very old sewing machine (think circa '80) and use it for something other than sewing sorority letters on sweatshirts (I think the last time I used it - some 13 years ago?)...

I'm very impressed with the capes, and pillows! You shame me with your creativity!