Saturday, July 3, 2010

Hmm.. I have nothing to say.

So I logged on tonight to write something, and now, I just have nothing to say...I'm not sure why, but I have been sitting here for almost an hour trying to come up with anything. Something funny said, done, anything...

Maybe it is because for the last 3 weeks the boys have been in summer school, which has had them away from me for 5, 4 and 4 mornings, and well, that's a long time for us to be apart. What am I going to do when they start kindergarten? I'm lonely just thinking about it.

We did go to the fair, and the boys did miss their naps which was notable. But they handled it all in stride, they were tired, and a bit cranky, but it was not the disaster it could have been. The boys rode some rides, which goes against every nervous bone in my body...I love roller coasters, and thrill rides, but I do not like rides that are torn down and put up in one day. It makes me nervous. VERY nervous. I did asses the risk in each of the rides chosen and the kiddie rides seemed to pose little or no risk to the precious lives of my dumplings. The Ferris wheel, well, not so much, but Evan, sweet Evan was so excited, all he could talk about in the hour and a half it took us to get to the fair, meet up with Scott and find parking was how he wanted to go on the Ferris Wheel first. So, I swallowed my nerves, and the whole family climbed into a death bucket. Evan grinned from ear to ear, and it was totally worth it.

The fourth of July is tomorrow and the boys are very interested in trying to stay up late for fireworks. Last year they were so tired they kept asking to go home to go to bed. We shall see. I may have a lot to write about tomorrow night!

No comments: