Saturday, September 12, 2009

T-minus four days

Tuesday. In four days my babies will be starting preschool. How is it possible?

This week we've had several getting ready for preschool events. Parents went for an adults only orientation on Wednesday. Thursday we had the official meet the teachers with the kids. Friday our class had a play date at school.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our teachers. I think that Mrs. F is the perfect teacher for the boys. She is so excited to have kids in her class again. At parent orientation she got all weepy while she was telling us how much she was looking forward to meeting our kids. Her enthusiasm is infectious, she really LOVES what she does and it shows.

Mrs. C and Mrs. S are also awesome. When I brought the boys into the class room, they were both immediately engaged by Mrs. C and Mrs. S. Evan struck up a conversation with Mrs. C and was happy to tell her all about his day so far. Ryan was happy to show Mrs. S the cage he built for the dinosaur. He told her that it was in the cage and it was eating cookies.

I am more sure than ever that the boys are ready for school to start. I'm not saying that there will be no tears on Tuesday when they realize I am leaving, but these last couple of days we walked in and they were off like shots. On to whatever it was that struck them as interesting, with nary a glance back at me.

I'm ready too! I'm not guaranteeing that there won't be a few tears shed when I turn to leave my precious babies for the first time, but I can assure you, that when I am grocery shopping ALONE, or running twice as many errands in the same amount of time without having to strap and unstrap two kids at every stop, or when I am just sitting in my quiet house ALONE for three glorious hours, I will NOT shed a tear.

No comments: