Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I want to do a lady bug art project

We had to stick around the house today to wait for the garage door repair man, so I needed something to do with the boys. We don't hang out at home very often, we are usually out and about and on the go, everyday. I decided it would be a good day to do an art project. Evan agreed and suggested a lady bug art project.

What a great idea! I cut up some egg cartons and had them paint them red, and then add black polka dots. ( I use that term loosely, as the dots were more like smears of paint)


Evan seems to be having fun!


Ryan was very precise. He covered almost the entire surface red, and then tried to do the same with the black.


He's very focused.


Evan too.


We added a pom pom for the head and pipe cleaners for the legs. I think they came out cute!




The boys really enjoyed it, and now these lady bugs are riding around in the seats of our airplanes.

Tomorrow, Ryan has requested a dinosaur art project. I'll be trying to figure out how to accomplish that one tonight instead of falling asleep.

No comments: