Saturday, March 30, 2013

I guess the healing begins around year seven

I was in Savasana in yoga today and I realized something.  It is March 30th! Two days and Seven years ago, my life was changed forever. 

For the past six years March 28th has been frought with angst, sadness and shortness of breath. This year, it seems to have passed without event.

I still don't watch the NCAA Tournament like I used to. At the start of it, I felt a bit angsty, I knew it was that time of year again, but not in the same way...

If I take the time to reflect I can work myself up into a tizzy, but it doesn't seem to to perccolate to the surface out of nowhere anymore...

Interesting.

Seven years ago,

I was in a hospital bed, convinced I would be there for another ten or twelve weeks at least! I was settling in for the long haul.  That long haul was only seven more days!

Seven years later,

I have two boys who are nearly seven years old.  Wow.  Just Wow.


No comments: