Thursday, December 6, 2012

Growing up Foodie

I know I've talked about this before, but raising foodie kids has its upside and its downside.

I know that I did this to myself.  I encourage my children to try anything and everything!  I take huge pride in the fact that my kids love the obscure, the non-traditional kids fare. I do also remember a time when all I could get them to eat was crunchy food or hot dogs. 

Last night, while playing for legos, waiting for me to finish dinner Ryan calls out from the other room
"Mom! Can I have some cucumbers and garlic aioli?"  I know, If you had a nickle for every time you heard that!!!

Tonight, running in from the other room, spying the sliced tomatoes on the cutting board, he sneaks in to snitch one. 

While making soup the other day, Evan delights in the fact that I was putting Kale into the soup.  "Oh, Yum, I LOVE kale!!!"

While ordering sushi, "don't forget the smelt roe!!!"

Just moments in my life when I can delight in the fact that my kids are growing up foodie.

Oh yeah, Downside? When I can spend $80 on sushi for the three of us.  Or when they would prefer to eat at Urge Gastropub rather than Roundtable. Foodie kids are expensive,  foodie teenagers? oh my!!!

No comments: