Thursday, April 26, 2012

Evan at Six

Evan, you are such a firecracker! Never silent, never still.

Your spirit is so bright. The light that comes from you is almost overwhelming! Your hugs are so fierce, you latch on with your arms and legs, the love that transmits from your limbs is intoxicating. You love so passionately. You are always all in.

You are thriving at school!! You love your teacher and your classmates. Your major issues are the issues I worried about for you in traditional public school. One of the primary reasons I chose Sparrow is so your spirit wouldn't be squashed by having to conform to what is considered normal in public school. You still need to be reminded everyday what proper behavior is in the classroom but you are never made to feel less than if you cannot achieve this perfectly. You are lovingly reminded and will continue to be reminded until you find a way to control the energy surging through your little body!

You are excelling at reading.  I am constantly amazed at the words you read.  I watch you look around a room and then exclaim "that says..."  I should have known that you would be the first to read since you were always the child that longed for words, and you are the child that is never at a loss for them.

I have heard from many parents that you are constantly praising my cooking or talking about the food I make for you.  This from my child who would not eat.  Sigh. How far we have come.

You are the life of the party, singing and humming the Imperial March constantly! You have stopped singing the National Anthem for me, which makes me sad. I miss you busting it out when ever the feeling moved you.

You are so into Star Wars and you know all of the characters, since you have never seen any of the Star Wars movies, I am amazed, and amused.  You and Ryan have intense conversations about the characters, what they do, and if they are good guys or bad guys. 

I love your passion, your sense of right and wrong, your spirit, your ability to engage anyone in conversation, I love that there is no half way for you! I love you!

No comments: