Monday, December 8, 2008

Three days later and finally this post is finished.

This weekend we had a couple of adventures.
Align Left
Friday night we went to December Nights in Balboa Park. Scott and I have never done this as a couple. I know, we've lived here for 20 plus years and never ventured out to this annual event.

I took the boys down to Balboa Park (one of our favorite places these days, we go to the Park at least three times a month) by myself at about 4. It was crowded. Even on weekends it doesn't feel crowded. With 1200 acres of museums, paths and fountains, how could it feel crowded? Um, pack in 140,000 people, and try and keep a hold of twin two year old boys who feel like the park is their second home. By the time Scott arrived, I was frazzled, and the crowds were not even close to their peak. I have to credit the boys. The listened very well, and did a fantastic job staying with me even in their beloved Choo Choo Museum, which they both generally have the run of when Scott and I take them there on a normal day.

The boys had a great time with their friend Tobin. Evan is still talking about seeing the "Singing Guys" (which reminds me I have to find a choir performance to take him to) and Ryan loved seeing the cars.

But seriously, what were we thinking taking two toddlers through a sea of 140,000 people?

This weekend we also took the boys to their first musical. The Junior Theater group was putting on a production of Richard Scarry's Busy Town. Richard Scarry happens to be one of our all time favorite authors, so I jumped at the chance to take the boys.

Ryan spent the entire 50 minutes of the show with his mouth agape, staring at the action on the stage. He most enjoyed meeting Lowly after the show. Evan, well, he was a little unsure of the whole production. We had a tough first half of the show, both of us out in the wings. He eventually allowed me to sit down with him and in the end he seemed to have enjoyed it.

Now, four days later they are calling themselves Lowly and Huckle and running around the house in their pickle car.

It's taken me three days to write this post, and there is so much more to say. 99 percent of my Christmas wrapping is done now, so I hope I can spend an evening writing about all of it. (eating, potty training and more!)

I'll leave you with a funny quote from Evan.
"That is a windmill, Evan shouted." Evan shouted as we pulled up to the farmer's market. I guess he's taken to writing dialog, or he's so cool he's now referring to himself in third person. I've been giggling about this since Friday.

No comments: