Thursday, January 14, 2010

Believe what they tell you

...those pediatricians, nutritionists, GI doctors, OTs, parents, in-laws, aunts, uncles, cousins, other parents, and perfect strangers.

Keep trying. Keep offering. It takes 20 tries.

Seriously? 20 tries? try 20,000 attempts.

Last week Ryan decided he wanted to eat some of my home made croutons. Of course I told him he had to eat salad to have croutons, and to my shock and surprise, he ate a whole bowl. The next day he asked if he could have salad, and although I had no croutons, he had two bowls.

Today I had some pepperoni in my salad (Italian chopped salad) and it happens to be one of Ryan's favorite things, he had already finished one bowl of salad and was attempting to snitch my pepperoni. I then suggested that he try some of the veggies I had in my salad. Ryan tried red and yellow peppers, avocado, cucumber, and tomatoes! He was a big fan of the peppers! Shocking since just last night he would not eat the red peppers in his fajitas. Evan also got into the act, and ate a three or four rounds of cucumbers.

All that vegetable eating lead to Ryan saying : "From now on, I love vegetables."

Did you hear that? That was me doing a happy dance, screaming from the table top!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Before you know it, they'll be refusing to eat pizza ;)