Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Thank Heavens for Little Boys, part 2

After a delicious dim sum Mother's Day breakfast, we went for a little stroll at the Arboretum. I had forgotten what a great place this is. I spent a lot of time there in my youth. I think we had field trips there every few years and I don't know, maybe my Mom took me there a bunch too.

I know I've said it a couple of times when we were up visiting my Mom, "hey, we should go to the Arboretum sometime." I guess I didn't press the issue enough, or for what ever reason, it never really sunk in that, we should really go to the Arboretum sometime. When we got in, and Scott got a look at the map, he said to me "Why haven't we ever been here before."

We had a really fun morning running around after the geese and the peacocks, walking around on the trails...until, not to be out done by his brother, Ryan took a major face plant. He had a mouth full of dirt and blood, and a tear streaked dusty face.

This is what he looked like the next day.




He's fine, he can still put that fork in his mouth, it might be a little tender, but he'll live. He's just milking it for some extra sympathy.

No comments: